- "Pretty it up all you want, but if things go wrong, we're dead."
Brandol is a tough and experienced sergeant in the Nortis Army. He is an experienced heavy swordsman and is capable of operating almost any vehicle. Despite his tough outer shell, he has a good sense of humor but finds women difficult to deal with, making relationships a struggle.
Appearance and Personality
Brandol is a tall, sturdy man with blond hair and blue eyes. He wears a red tunic and grey shirt similar to the other Nortis soldiers' uniforms, with a patterned loincloth and a blue undershirt. He also wears red and grey trousers and red ankle boots. His greatsword is a static design and has a huge red and blue blade with metallic detailing.
Hot-headed, temperamental, arrogant and brash; whilst he and Evann are quite different the similarities they do share mean that they are often at loggerheads with each other. If there's something bothering him he is never slow to complain about it, and he often runs his mouth. Despite his hard-headedness, Brandol is a very talented, skilled, and experienced soldier.
He has a slight prejudice against the other races, and often defends the Nortis army's intentions, even when said intentions are drawn into darker territory. Despite their differences, he slowly opens up and befriends much of the group.
A quintiessential soldier; tough, strong, brave. Brandol has been involved in the mission to neutralize the Elemental Disorder longer than any other playable character, as he and his squad were part of the excursion to the Flame Ruins. This incident ultimately ended in tragedy as, save for him, his entire squad was wiped out by the volcanic disturbance.
He is a veteran tasked, along with Carmyne, in assisting Evann in heading to the Spiritual Atrium in the Land Ruins, where they are assigned their ulterior mission of neutralising the Elemental Disorder. When it is revealed foreign party members are to join them on this mission, Brandol is displeased, and he openly and rudely berates them. This puts him at odds with Jaid instantly, and the two argue loudly until Ulk intervenes and tells them to stop. He also complains when Evann is assigned the overall party leader shortly after.
Despite his ongoing rivalry with Jaid he starts to warm up to many of the other party members, eventually coming to an understanding that their task is for the greater good. Brandol must be part of the team in the first visit to the Flame Ruins due to his personal request to shut the disorder down and help the souls of his fallen comrades rest in peace.
During his stay in Locca he develops a crush on the Diner's waitress, Wendy, and begins to eat there regularly as an excuse to spend time with her. This ultimately goes no where as he cannot gain the courage to admit his feelings to her.
In battle, Brandol wields a two-handed sword and is the typical power character: tough and strong, but also slow to move around and get his turn. His magic skill is also pretty low, so it's advisable to give him an egg that is set for support or healing magic, and only use it in emergencies. Brandol equips five Skill Books and one Mana Egg, slots which he shares with Ulk, the team's other physical powerhouse. This allows him to be customized to a very impressive degree and augment his high strength with bonuses such as species killers. He should be equipped to work outside of the limits of his combat archetype, such as giving him speed, evasion and counter capabilities. He works well with Evann, Carmyne and Ulk, getting some destructive combinations with them. His move set is diverse, two with the wind and explosion elements respectively and one for a useful buff. His third special move increases the party's attack power, making Brandol one of the most useful characters among the cast. An effective and fun tactic is for Brandol to raise his allies' power with Victory Roar and then have Evann and the others perform wide range special moves to clear out enemies in virtually no time at all. His defenses are obviously another strong point of his, due to the various heavy armor sets he can wear. With Brandol in the team, the party can make short work of many battles throughout dungeons.
- Great Divide - Brandol runs up to the target, readies his sword, leaps into the air and cleaves the enemy on his way back down. Cancel effect
- Spinning Slash - Brandol runs up to his opponent and swings his sword in a wide circle, hitting the main target and any others standing nearby with a slashing wave.
- Victory Roar - Brandol goes into his spellcasting pose and unleashes a spirited battle cry, raising the attack strength of the entire party with a wave of red energy. ATK increase
- Cyclone Slash - Brandol holds his sword in both hands and begins to spin in place with it held outward, emitting a gigantic cyclone around him to damage nearby enemies. Wind elemental
- Eruption Slash - Brandol channels explosion energy into his blade and leaps high into the air. The instant his sword makes contact with his target, the ground underneath the enemy erupts with fissures followed by a massive column of lava. Bomb elemental
- Volt Slash, Brandol + Evann - Evann charges Brandol's sword with Bolt damage, which he uses to stab the ground and emit an effect similar to Sky Dragon Slash. Hits all enemies and can cause Paralysis.
- Combination Alpha, Brandol + Carmyne - Multiple hit combo with a cancel effect.
- Fire Slash, Brandol + Jaid - Multiple hit combo with a cancel effect. Fire elemental damage.
- Super Slasher, Brandol + Titto - Multiple hit combo with a cancel effect.
- Double Impact, Brandol + Ulk - Powerful combo with a cancel effect.
- Sirene Slash, Brandol + Myam - Myam charges Brandol's sword with the power of ice. He leaps into the air and smashes his sword on a target, similar to his Eruption Slash animation. Blizzard elemental.
- Divine Dragon Slash, Brandol + Evann + Carmyne - Similar to Sky Dragon Slash, the three Nortis charge their swords and stab the ground with them, emitting powerful energy that damages all enemy targets.
- Explosion Smash, Brandol + Evann + Jaid - Multiple hit combo with a cancel effect. Bomb elemental damage.
- Dancing Sword Slash, Brandol + Evann + Titto - Multiple hit combo with a cancel effect.
- Tri-Crush, Brandol + Evann + Ulk - Multiple hit combo with a cancel effect.
- Tripler, Brandol + Evann + Myam - Multiple hit combo with a cancel effect.
- Armageddon, Brandol + Jaid + Ulk - Summoning of a massive explosion that devestates all enemy targets.
- Quadruple Combo, Brandol + Evann + Carmyne + Ulk - Powerful multiple hit combo.
Brandol and Lutina do not share any Feats whatsoever.
- Versus Books Official Perfect Guide for Grandia Xtreme, p. 6
|Grandia Xtreme Main Characters|